QUICK & CLEANSING CHOPPED SALAD
By Freedom Fitness, Sep 25 2019 10:19PM
This salad is a perfect Spring lunchtime option. It gives you an abundance of nutrients and it includes enough vegetables, protein & healthy fats to keep you fuller and fuelled for longer (hello no more 3pm energy slumps). It is also super easy & quick to make, even better... make it in advance & then just add your protein, avocado & dressing the day you eat it. SIMPLE!
Recipe from: www.jessicasepel.com
-1 chopped carrot
-1 small chopped cucumber
-1/2 steamed broccoli head, chopped
-Handful mint leaves
-1 cup spinach leaves
-1 cup cabbage
-Handful raw almonds
-Topped with sliced avocado (add the day of consumption)
+Plus any other colourful vegetables you can chop!
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. tahini
1. Place all ingredients in food processor.
3. Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk with a fork until combined.
4. Serve with protein of choice (e.g 2x boiled eggs, 2 handfuls of shredded roast chicken, 1x can of tuna, 1/2 cup of roasted chickpeas, 2 - 3 smoked salmon slices, 2- 3 slices of halloumi.
- Don't have a food processor? Simple, just dice, grate or cut the vegetables into strip.
- Want to meal prep? Just double ot triple the recipe and add protein, avocado & dressing on the day you eat it. Store vegetables in seperate jars or tupper ware containers (like the image above).
Tara Hansen – 5 stars
"I have never been to a gym where I feel so welcome and cared for. The trainers are beyond dedicated and the offer of a free PT a month is outstanding. The child play area is such an excellent resource. Highly recommend for mums who want to exercise but can't afford the crazy costs of child care."
What do our members say?
Paige Vesty – 5 star
"Everyone is so friendly, very encouraging environment!"
Sam Banfield – 5 star
"Ive been to a few gyms and i have loved this one the most! Its not a gym where you will see gym junkies walking around practically naked, you see the every day woman. The staff are friendly and supportive and you can see its a little community in there. I love that there is a play area for your kids which helps me, instead of missing out on time with my husband at night I can go during the day!!"
Teahne Dillon – 5 star
"Had our second pt session yesterday! We were pushed just enough to be comfortable with the exercises we were doing but today the legs are super dooper sore
Awesome gym and the staff are always helpful, friendly and understanding! Love this place."
Louise – 5 star
"First gym I've ever joined. Love the classes & the instructors & the equipment fantastic stuff ladies!"
Sam Carroll - 5 star
"Such a welcoming environment. Great safe area for kids so that Mums can exercise."