Mediterranean Veggie Focaccia Stack + Pesto Recipe
By Freedom Fitness, Sep 11 2019 09:03PM
This foccacia stack is a great option for breakfast or lunch - stack filled with vegetables & flavour to brighten up your morning or lunchtime.
SERVES 1 ~ PREP TIME: 10 mins ~ COOK TIME 5 - 10 mins
- 1 foccacia slice OR 1 -2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tsp of pesto (homemade recipe below)
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of bacon (optional)
- Sprinkle of cheddar or parmesan cheese or 1 -2 slices of halloumi
- PLUS any other extra vegetables you would like e.g. eggplant, zucchini, broccoli, pumpkin, sweet potato, onion, olives, tomato
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1 big bunch of basil
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 good handful of grated parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Add into a blender until a smooth consistency.
1. Prepare all vegetables and pre-heat oven grill to medium - high heat.
2. In one pan, cook the bacon and eggs*. If room, add the capsicum slices.
3. Once bacon has been cooked, drizzle olive oil & add mushrooms & spinach.
4. While the spinach & mushroom cook, add focaccia to grill until lightly toasted.
5. Spread the pesto on the foccacia slice.
6. Add toppings in the following order:
- any vegetables you have added
- capsicum slices
- spinach & mushroom combo
- a slice of bacon
- 2 eggs
- shredded cheese or halloumi
7. Place foccacia back into grill and cook until cheese is melted (or halloumi has golden brown spots).
8. Enjoy as breakfast or lunch!
*Option: instead of fried, you can have your eggs poached or scrambled.
Tara Hansen – 5 stars
"I have never been to a gym where I feel so welcome and cared for. The trainers are beyond dedicated and the offer of a free PT a month is outstanding. The child play area is such an excellent resource. Highly recommend for mums who want to exercise but can't afford the crazy costs of child care."
What do our members say?
Paige Vesty – 5 star
"Everyone is so friendly, very encouraging environment!"
Sam Banfield – 5 star
"Ive been to a few gyms and i have loved this one the most! Its not a gym where you will see gym junkies walking around practically naked, you see the every day woman. The staff are friendly and supportive and you can see its a little community in there. I love that there is a play area for your kids which helps me, instead of missing out on time with my husband at night I can go during the day!!"
Teahne Dillon – 5 star
"Had our second pt session yesterday! We were pushed just enough to be comfortable with the exercises we were doing but today the legs are super dooper sore
Awesome gym and the staff are always helpful, friendly and understanding! Love this place."
Louise – 5 star
"First gym I've ever joined. Love the classes & the instructors & the equipment fantastic stuff ladies!"
Sam Carroll - 5 star
"Such a welcoming environment. Great safe area for kids so that Mums can exercise."