By Freedom Fitness, Jul 31 2019 09:34PM
These bowls are a perfect way to achieve:
-Extra servings of vegetables
- A fullfilling and nourishing on the go breakfast
- Add colour and delight into your eating routine #cafeworthy
Prepare it the night before or in the morning, take in a tupperware container bowl or at home, eat it for breakfast or lunch... your choice!
Ingredients - Serves 1
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 -2 eggs
- 1 cup of spinach OR kale
- 4 -5 cherry tomatoes OR 1/2 medium sized tomato
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 2 - 3 thin slices of halloumi
- 1/3 of an avocado, cubed
- 1/2 an onion, cut into thin strips or diced
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup of navy beans (similar to baked beans) or 1/3 cup of chickpeas
- Any other vegetables you prefer or need to use up
- 1/2 medium sweet or regular potato, cubed (for carbs + hashbrown flavour)
- 1/3 of capsicum, cut into thin strips
1. Drizzle olive oil in a frying pan over a medium - high heat.
2. Pour onion into pan and cook until translucent (around 3 - 5 minutes).
3. Turn heat down to low to medium and add mushrooms, spinach and any other vegetables (such as capsicum). Cook for 2 -3 minutes.
4. Remove from pan and place into a bowl or tupperware container. Top with fresh tomatoes and avocado cubes.
5. Add halloumi strips to pan plus 1 -2 eggs if having them fried. Cook halloumi strip until slightly browned and then flip over to repeat on the other side. Cook egg until egg white is completely white and not runny.
6. Add halloumi and egg ontop of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle salt & pepper on top and enjoy at home or on the go!
- Want a quicker option? Boil eggs at the start of the week and then add 1 -2 of them on top of your vegetables
- Eggs can be whatever you like - scrambled, poached, fried, etc.
- To include some complex carbohydrates, cut 1/2 sweet potato/regular potato into cubes and place in the oven on 200c. Sprinkle salt, olive oil and herbs such as thyme ober the top and cook until golden brown
- Having it for lunch? Add 1/2 cup of cooked rice or 1x quick cup of rice
- For extra protein, place 1/3 cup of navy beans or chickpeas into a ziplock bag with 1/2 tsp of cumin, paprika and garlic powder and shake! Place at the bottom of the bowl before adding vegetables.
Tara Hansen – 5 stars
"I have never been to a gym where I feel so welcome and cared for. The trainers are beyond dedicated and the offer of a free PT a month is outstanding. The child play area is such an excellent resource. Highly recommend for mums who want to exercise but can't afford the crazy costs of child care."
What do our members say?
Paige Vesty – 5 star
"Everyone is so friendly, very encouraging environment!"
Sam Banfield – 5 star
"Ive been to a few gyms and i have loved this one the most! Its not a gym where you will see gym junkies walking around practically naked, you see the every day woman. The staff are friendly and supportive and you can see its a little community in there. I love that there is a play area for your kids which helps me, instead of missing out on time with my husband at night I can go during the day!!"
Teahne Dillon – 5 star
"Had our second pt session yesterday! We were pushed just enough to be comfortable with the exercises we were doing but today the legs are super dooper sore
Awesome gym and the staff are always helpful, friendly and understanding! Love this place."
Louise – 5 star
"First gym I've ever joined. Love the classes & the instructors & the equipment fantastic stuff ladies!"
Sam Carroll - 5 star
"Such a welcoming environment. Great safe area for kids so that Mums can exercise."