By Freedom Fitness, May 8 2019 09:36PM
Need a warming breakfast that is quick & easy to make? This chia porridge is a perfect replacement if you enjoy muesli or overnight oats in a jar but want somehting warmer for the Winter months. Filled with lots of anti-inflammatory spices plus full of fibre to keep you fuller for longer.
Recipe from: thehealthychef.com
Serves 2 - overnight + 5-10 minutes
1 banana, mashed
pinch of cinnamon
1 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil, olive oil or butter
1 1/2 cups of milk (your choice almond, rice, coconut etc) I used coconut milk
1/4 cup white chia seeds
1 teaspoon golden flaxseeds
coconut milk or yoghurt to drizzle
1. Combine chia seeds, flaxseeds and 1 cup of milk into a bowl and mix until combined.
2. Rest for 5 minutes and mix again.....this is great when you do this the night before you need it....otherwise allow 15 minutes for the chia to absorb the milk to thicken.
3. Heat coconut oil in a small heavy-based pan.
4. Heat the chia porridge in a pot over a medium heat and add the rest of the milk, cinnamon & banana. At this stage, you can add other aromatics turmeric, ginger and protein powder.
5. Serve porridge in bowl. Add extra hot milk or a spoonful of coconut milk or yoghurt.
6. Garnish with a dusting of cinnamon. You can also add other seasonal fruits like figs or roasted apple rings. For a little crunch, you can also add nuts.